Jonor school is an English Medium Private school, offering pre-primary and primary education to children aged 4 months up to 13 years.
Started in 2010 as a nursery & daycare centre, our child-centric approach proved such a success that in 2012 we started offering English language Primary education.
We are fully registered under the Ministry of education since January 2010.
Jonor School is built on the philosophy that every child can excel when given the right kind of guidance and support. It is a child centric school; all the school activities revolve around developing a whole person.
Our motto is ‘‘Education is the key to life’’. As such, we are committed to providing quality and value based education in order to produce future leaders who have a true passion for Tanzania and Africa.
Our teachers are selected from qualified professional teachers in Tanzania. They are encouraged to embark on continued learning, especially in their fields of study.
In addition the school organizes short technical and soft skills training courses as part of capacity building program for teachers. It encourages cross functional learning and experience sharing amongst teachers as well as coaching and mentoring from more experienced teachers.
Our Academic Goals
- Academic excellence at all levels to enable each student to qualify for a smooth transition from primary to secondary to university education.
- Well rounded students with strong knowledge and skills in social sciences, mathematics, business studies ,language, IT, sports and culture.
- Stimulation of independent analysis enabling students to acquire skills in critical thinking and logical reasoning.
- Sustained intellectual efforts to build a culture of reading and promote life-long learning.
- Effective leadership at all levels to enable students to appreciate their role as the next generation of leaders in various fields.
- To nurture an all rounded individual; socially, physically, emotionally, morally & intellectually.
Jonor School strives to prepare graduates who will
- Uphold high standard of ethical, moral and civic conduct.
- Make informed decisions on social issues.
- Foster tolerance, cooperation and discourage extremist views.
- Understand the people of the world through an appreciation of a diversity of cultures and of what unite human beings as one creation.
About the Head-Mistress
Rhoda Ngowi is Head-mistress and Founder of Jonor school. Before this, she worked in the Mkombozi center for street-kids,teaching the street kids and youth of Moshi how to use computers in a program aimed at keeping the children off the street by improving their skills. She then taught secondary school teachers ICT skills for Viafrica Tanzania, a Dutch NGO. In 2009 she shifted to the Arusha region with her family.
In 2010 she she started Jonor School with the aim of helping parents with their small kids and babies. Started as a daycare centre, Jonor grew to include a nursery school and then a primary school. She is a proud mother of two boys, Norman (9) and Joshua (7).
I am proud of the team of teachers, other employees, parents and ofcourse our students, that have worked together so hard to make Jonor School into the success it is today.
Karibu sana Jonor School,